How time flies! February has been a relatively busy month. I got a lot done this month, but I feel that I didn’t get to check off some of the things I had set out to do in my New Years Resolution. But, let’s take a look first.
- Get to know someone better in my cohort program. I think I slacked off in this department this month as we are all gearing up for our extended practicum, so I have been working with people that I am already comfortable with since I wanted to get my work done. Although it was very effective and efficient, I feel that I should work with others more as other people may have great ideas that the same people who work together may not.
- Reach out to other people from other cohorts. Unfortunately, I did not get to know other people from outside my cohort this month because I have not exactly been social in terms of attending social events or deviating from my usual group that I eat with at lunch. It is intimidating when I have to meet new people by myself – especially more so when it is a group versus an individual. But, I think I will try to break this by doing it one step a time, such as inviting a friend that I feel comfortable with to go meet new people together.
- Establish and maintain relationships with my instructors. Now that our courses are slowly finishing, I don’t think I was able to leave a big or impressionable impact on some of my instructors. But, with the instructors that we still have a greater and longer connection with, I hope I will be able to leave a good, memorable impression before the extended practicum.
- Create a fun and safer learning environment for my practicum class. I have definitely gained more skills and awareness in this department after my lesson observation from my Faculty and School Advisor. There were some things that I was not aware of or considered, but after this observation, I was able to review and reflect on my actions and, hopefully, be able to utilize the feedback for my next lesson!
- Create work that I am proud of. Recently, I created a Research Package with two of my colleagues and I tried something new for the “Table of Contents.” Instead of keeping it traditional and conservative with the literal table of contents, I switched it up into a web of contents. Although this only took up one page, I was still very proud of my work since I thought it was very innovative.